Walk-in visits (meaning you can visit without having made pre-scheduled arrangements)
- Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. every day
- Labor Day to Columbus Day: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekends only.
- November, December and January: The first Sunday of the month from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- March: Maple Syrup Day, the fourth Sunday of the month from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Adult motor coach tours and related programs are available from Memorial Day through Columbus Day. Please write, e-mail, or call (see contact us) for prices and to make specific arrangements.
School and other group tours and programs, including Badge Day programs for Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, are available anytime by pre-arrangement, either at the Fort (seasonally), in your classroom, or where your group meets. See the program brochure page on this site for the details regarding all the pre-scheduled school and group programs offered by Old Fort Western. Call (see contact us) to make scheduling arrangements.
For walk-in visits:
- Members: Free
- Adults: $6.00 per person.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 16: $4.00 per person.
- Children 6 and under and all Augusta, Maine residents: Free
Please note: Old Fort Western may offer admission discounts either on a regular basis or from time to time. Visitors may claim only one discount per visit, regardless of the number for which they may be eligible.
For pre-scheduled group visits:
- Group (Adult): Admission fees are based on program choices. All groups must pre-pre-schedule to receive group rates.
- Group (School, Camp, Library, Youth, Boy and Girl Scout, etc.): Please see the program brochure section of this site for pricing for group programs, both at the Fort and where your group meets. Please call, write, or e-mail (see contact us) for more information. Call to make scheduling arrangements.
- French and Indian War encampment: See the Calendar page for dates and registration materials. Please note: A military encampment may not be held every year.
- Annual Friend's Day: The Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend
Annual Augusta Residents Open House: The Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend
- Fort to Fort Canoe and Kayak Expedition: Held in conjunction with The Spring Running Festival. Watch for an announcement of the 2009 date.
- The Fourth at the Fort (an old-fashioned Independence Day celebration. Part of Augusta's A Capital City Riverfront Fourth celebration on the Fourth of July): July 4th.
- Benedict Arnold Expedition weekend: September 19 & 20, 2009.
- Summer Sunday Special Demonstrations. Sundays during July and August.
- The Old Fort Western Apprentice Program: A weekly hands-on program for kids 8 t0 12 years old during July and August. Please call, write, or e-mail for details. See the program flyer and registration form on the Bulletin Board page. The Apprentice Program is made possible in part by an annual donation from Kennebec Savings Bank.
- Winter Lecture Series: Thursday evenings during February, March, and April. Check the Calendar page on this site seasonally for details.
- Maple Syrup Day: Part of Maine Maple Sunday, the fourth Sunday in March, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Other Special Events and Programs: Please check the Calendar and Bulletin Board pages of this site for information about other special events and programs.